Intense 23-Minutes Photo Series of Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Shooting | FRIDAY DIGITAL

Intense 23-Minutes Photo Series of Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Shooting

  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on LINE

On July 8, former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was shot and killed while delivering a speech in the city of Nara Prefecture.

In the early morning of July 9, a car carrying his body left Nara Medical University Hospital, where he was being transported. It arrived at his home in Shibuya Ward before 3 pm. Meanwhile, the interrogation of the suspect Tetsuya Yamagami, 41, is still ongoing. According to investigators, the suspect admitted to the charges and stated his motive for committing the crime.

“I have a grudge against a certain organization, and I targeted the former prime minister because I thought he had a close relationship with this organization.”

His mother became involved in the organization and donated a large sum of money to it.

The mother became involved in the organization and donated a large amount of money, which caused her family life to be in disarray.

At the time of the attack, rescue efforts were underway to save former Prime Minister Abe. The following is a look back at the tense 23 minutes from 11:31, when the shooting by Yamagami is said to have taken place, to 11:54, when he was transported to the hospital by ambulance.

At around 11:31, about 2 minutes and 18 seconds after he began his speech, the suspect approached from behind and shot former Prime Minister Abe. The sudden incident caused a commotion at the scene. With screams, people asked, “Was he shot? An ambulance?” and “An ambulance?”

At first, Prime Minister Abe was conscious. A man in yellow was giving heart massages. At the scene, a man holding a speaker for speeches flashed instructions such as “Is there a nurse?” and “AED, please.”

About two minutes after the shooting, an AED is delivered by a man in a suit.

About four and a half minutes later, two women in white coats arrive with the AED. Diligent first aid treatment continues.

At approximately 11:37 a.m., about six minutes after the incident, emergency medical personnel arrive at the scene. Blue sheets were put up to surround former Prime Minister Abe.

Resuscitation procedures were continued by the emergency personnel who arrived at the scene. The blood stains on Prime Minister Abe’s suit were a testament to the gruesome nature of the incident.

About a minute and a half after the blue sheet was put up, the campaign staff of Mr. Kei Sato of the Liberal Democratic Party, who was giving a speech in support of Mr. Abe, all came together to raise the blue sheet. An ambulance arrived shortly afterward to transport the patient.

Former Prime Minister Abe being carried into the ambulance.

Mr. Sato’s staff carried him in closely covering ex-PM Abe from the outside. At approximately 11:54 a.m., 23 minutes after the shooting, the ambulance carrying former PM Abe left the scene.

Former Prime Minister Abe then arrived at the Nara Medical University Hospital at around 12:20 pm. He received intensive medical treatment for about five hours, but was pronounced dead in the evening of July 8.

The wake is scheduled to be held on the 11th after the House of Councillors election, and the funeral on the 12th, to be held only with his close relatives.

Photo Gallery9 total

Photo Selection

Check out the best photos for you.

Related Articles