Allegedly lost touch with master & beat up beautiful landlady… Retired former Itsu-no-jo: “Master won’t attend?” Special Circumstances of the Unusual Hair-Breaking Ceremony | FRIDAY DIGITAL

Allegedly lost touch with master & beat up beautiful landlady… Retired former Itsu-no-jo: “Master won’t attend?” Special Circumstances of the Unusual Hair-Breaking Ceremony

  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on LINE
Former Itinojo held a retirement press conference in May of this year. He did not make eye contact with his mentor and did not smile (PHOTO: Jiji Press)

It seems that a very unusual haircutting ceremony will be held.

On November 5, Nikkan Sports reported that a haircutting ceremony will be held at a hotel in Tokyo in February next year. What is irregular is that no one from the Minato stable he belonged to is expected to attend. In an interview with the newspaper, the former Iso no Shiro said, “I’m doing my own haircutting ceremony.

I do my own hair-breaking ceremony. So I don’t think anyone from the Minato stable will participate.

His master, Minato Oyakata (former Makuuchi wrestler Minato Fuji), was also apparently uninformed, telling Nikkan Sports the following.

If I hadn’t heard anything, I wouldn’t have been able to go.

It is unthinkable in the sumo world that he would not invite his mentor to a hair-breaking ceremony because he had lost touch with him. What in the world could have happened between the former Itsuinojo and the Minato stablemaster and his stable? FRIDAY Digital” reported on the serious feud between the two in an article distributed on May 8, immediately after the former Itsuinojo’s retirement press conference. We would like to reproduce the article and introduce the “rift” that has not been repaired to this day (some of the contents have been revised).

Not even eye contact.

It was a heavy press conference.

On May 4, former Itsu-no-jo announced his retirement at Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumida-ku, Tokyo). He appeared at the venue with Minato Oyakata, but the two did not make eye contact and did not shake hands with each other. After the press conference, they left through different exits.

At the press conference, the former Itsukinojo appeared somewhat resigned. The reason for his retirement was a serious backache that had been bothering him for some time. At the press conference, he said, “My body is not doing what it should. My body doesn’t do what I want it to do. It was very hard for me to walk or lie down. It is true that recently he had been showing signs of pain just by standing up.

However, he had just won the juryo division title in the March tournament with a 14-1 record, and had just re-entered the tournament after two tournaments, so one cannot shake the impression that he retired abruptly. He will not remain with the Sumo Association as a stablemaster, and he has no plans for the future. When asked by the press if he had done his best, he replied, “I feel I have no choice but to retire.

Former Itsu-no-jo was a wrestler who was expected to be a “future yokozuna. In the September tournament of the same year, he won the Distinguished Service Award and the Fighting Spirit Award by defeating Ozeki Rarezanosato and Yokozuna Tsururyu. In July of last year, he won his first makunouchi championship.

According to “Sankei Sports,” Motoi was a former champion in the makunouchi division. According to “Sankei Sports,” the May 2 meeting with his parents, his master, and his mistress, who had come to Japan from Mongolia, lasted more than five hours. The parents also asked him to continue, but his decision did not change.

As can be seen from the awkward atmosphere described at the beginning of this article, the relationship between the former Itsuinojo and his stablemaster is not a good one. The trouble was reported in the Shukan Bunshun (weekly magazine) published in November of last year.

According to the Shukan Bunshun, the former Itsuinojo is usually a quiet man, but when he gets drunk, he changes and lashes out at anyone who gets in his way. According to the Shukan Bunshun, the proprietress with whom he shared a drinking party was beaten to a pulp and even bruised. The proprietress is a graduate of a medical university and is a famous beauty in the sumo world. The stablemaster was concerned about Itsukinojo’s bad drinking habits and did not allow him to live alone, and even after he became a rikishi, he had him live in his room.

The feud between master and apprentice dates back to about two years ago. It was discovered that the former Itinoshiro had broken his curfew and was out drinking with an acquaintance from Mongolia. When the stablemaster severely reprimanded him, the former Itsu-no-jo protested. It is said that he told the master that his activities were restricted due to the new coronavirus and that he was unhappy because he could not live alone and had broken up with a woman he had been dating.

At the end of 2010, the former Itsukinojo was allowed to live alone, but he frequently missed practice sessions and cancelled the Sumo Association’s official YouTube programs without notice. According to Shukan Bunshun, the gap between master and disciple has not been bridged, and a lawyer is involved in the dialogue.

According to the Shukan Bunshun, the gap between master and disciple has not been filled, and a lawyer is now in the middle of the dialogue. Recently, he has hardly been seen at any of the training sessions. It is likely that he has lost interest in sumo itself. Considering the talent and age of the former Itsuinojo, it is a waste of his time.

At his retirement press conference, both master and disciple said that they were not thinking about a hair-breaking ceremony. …… The hair-breaking ceremony for the “Mongolian gem” has been controversial even before the event was held.

  • PHOTO Jiji Press

Photo Gallery1 total

Photo Selection

Check out the best photos for you.

Related Articles