In the Midst of Koki Tanaka’s Drug Scandal, his Beloved Grandfather Died in a Gruesome Accident. | FRIDAY DIGITAL

In the Midst of Koki Tanaka’s Drug Scandal, his Beloved Grandfather Died in a Gruesome Accident.

  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on LINE
The suspect, Koki Tanaka, will be sent to prison. Tattoo peeks out from the back of his neck.

When the suspect, 36-year-old Sei Tanaka, was arrested in front of Kashiwa Station on June 29, a total of four police cars were dispatched to the scene. These included an undercover patrol car; each car carried at least two police officers, which means that at least eight police officers were present. Despite the presence of such a large number of police officers, he ran around the Kashiwa Station area for nearly four and a half hours, ignoring police officers.

On July 1, former “KAT-TUN” member Koki Tanaka, who was arrested on suspicion of violating the Methamphetamine Control Law, was sent from the Kashiwa Police Station to the Matsudo Branch of the Chiba District Public Prosecutors Office. Tanaka was dressed in a black T-shirt, black pants, and brown rubber sandals.

Tanaka was arrested in May 2017 for violation of the Marijuana Control Law (charges were dropped in June of the same year due to insufficient evidence). Immediately after his first arrest, he reportedly expressed his remorse to those around him, but according to some reports, abnormalities began to occur around the summer of 2020, such as sending masturbation videos of himself to acquaintances. He was arrested in February of this year for violating the Methamphetamine Control Law, and although he was convicted on June 20 of one year and eight months in prison with a three-year suspended sentence, he was arrested a third time nine days later.

Tanaka had a serious problem in his private life.

For the past few years, Koki has been living at his parents’ house in Kashiwa City, Chiba Prefecture. His family was trying to support his rehabilitation, including his own father’s appearance as a witness at his trial in June of this year. His paternal grandfather also lived less than an hour’s drive from Saint’s family home. He used to be the stationmaster of a private railway company and was a very decent man. However, this grandfather died in a car accident at the end of last year. It was a tragic accident in which he was run over by a car while he was taking a walk on a large national highway.

In front of Kashiwa Station, where Tanaka was arrested. He was on the run here for nearly four and a half hours.

When Tanaka was arrested in 2017 for violation of the Marijuana Control Law, his grandfather told this magazine in an interview, “I can’t believe he did that.”

I never imagined that he would do something like that. When he was little, he was so quiet and unenthusiastic, but he was a very good boy. I used to take him to the zoo and all sorts of places. When I met him a while ago, he said to me, “Grandpa, have you learned to text? I just worry about that boy.”

In late January of this year, soon after his grandfather’s death, Tanaka was arrested for using methamphetamine. Only four months later, he was arrested again. How will Tanaka take the words of his grandfather, who worried about him from the bottom of his heart?

  • Photo by Shinji Hasuo

Photo Gallery9 total

Photo Selection

Check out the best photos for you.

Related Articles